Unpublished Information About GroIMP
- Development of a plug-in for 3D modeling in GroIMP (in German)
- Leppich D. (2017). Entwicklung eines Plugins für die 3D-Modellierungsplatform GroIMP. Forschungsbezogenes Praktikum im Studiengang “Angewandte Informatik”, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen. PDF
Virtual Laser Scanner for GroIMP
- The “Scanner” is a module implementing a virtual laser scanning device. PDF
General – XL language
- Wiki for the programming language XL (in German, compiled by Kelleter S., 2017). XL_WIKI ZIP
- List of turtle commands in XL (in German, 2008). PDF
- Overview of XL syntax (in German). PDF
DTD – file format
- Description of the DTD-file format (in German). PDF
General Purpose Layout Algorithm: User Guide
- combines a tree algorithm and an energy algorithm backed by several optimization methods. PDF
- Mathematical background. PDF
The Open-GroIMP plugin allows to call GroIMP from other applications via the network. A GroIMP-graph (encoded as XML) together with an XL-program is passed to the running GroIMP instance using the HTTP protocol. Then GroIMP compiles the XL-program, executes it and sends back the resulting graph. The details of how to encode the graph and the process of invocation of the XL-program is explained in the following documents.
- The file Specification.txt describes the supported node types and their attributes as encoded in the XML.
- An XML-schema for this is given in exchangegraph.xsd.
- A description of the communication protocol is described in
- An example of an exchange graph is given in sample.xeg, together with an XL-file to rewrite the graph in sample.xl.
- Source file: groimp.svg
- Generated icons: