GroIMP (Growth Grammar-related Interactive Modelling Platform) is a 3D-modelling platform. GroIMP contains modeling features such as:
- Interactive editing of scenes
- Rich set of 3D objects, including primitives, NURBS curves and surfaces, and height fields
- Material options like colors, and textures
- Real-time rendering using OpenGL
- Export to POV-Ray, a free ray-tracer
- Export to DXF, partial export to VRML/X3D
- The built-in raytracer Twilight renders the scene
- A spectral light-model based on the built-in raytracer computes the distribution of light within a scene also with a version running on the GPU
- Import/export to further external data formats (e.g., MTG)
These features are in progress:
- Interface with OpenAlea
GroIMP distinguishes itself from other modelling software by the modelling potential of growth grammars. This potential is made accessible by the integration of the modelling language XL.
GroIMP is available under the terms of the GNU General Public License but can also be obtained on a commercial license. The GPL-covered version can be downloaded at the download area. The API documentation is also available as a single archive at the download area or you can browse it online.
The GroIMP distributions provides tutorials and examples for the usage of the modelling language XL within GroIMP. The tutorials and the examples are integrated as plugins, they are available via the menu items File/RGG Tutorial and File/Show Examples.
The latest news about GroIMP are listed at the news page.